Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 24 October 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 5 to 15 knots becoming light near midnight then increasing to southeast 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 20 late Sunday morning and to southeast 25 to 35 Sunday evening.
Periods of rain Sunday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 24 October 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 24 October 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located west of Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday dissipating trough located west of
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 PM PDT 24 October 2020 A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will gradually weaken
tonight through Sunday. Gale force northeasterly outflow winds
through the northern and central mainland inlets will weaken to
strong tonight and to light on Sunday morning. Outflow winds over the
southern mainland inlets will persist through tonight and weaken on
Sunday. Gale force northeasterlies will briefly reach Haro
And Juan de Fuca Strait tonight.
A frontal system will move onto Bowie early Sunday morning then
Cross the northern waters through the day. Southeast gales will
develop ahead of the front and shift to strong to gale force
southwesterly in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: