Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 20 January 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind southeast 15 to 25 Sunday.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 20 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 20 January 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Sandspit to
the Central Coast then to Tofino.
By 6:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line north-south
over the central Strait of Georgia.
At 1:00 p.m. PST Sunday departing frontal system located east
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:05 PM PST 20 January 2018 A frontal system across the central and South Coast will intensify
overthe South Coast tonight then move out of BC waters late Sunday
morning as it continues tracking southward.
Winds across northern and central waters are calming as the frontal
system slumps southward. A large low west of Bowie will keep
Strong winds on and off across the region. Meanwhile the frontal
system is set to impact the South Coast and inner straits tonight
And early Sunday morning with very strong gales predicted.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: