Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 09 December 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southerly 10 to 20 knots increasing to southerly 20 to 30 early this afternoon then diminishing to northerly 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind increasing to northerly 20 to 30 early Saturday morning.
Scattered showers or flurries ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 9 December 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary low 982 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PST 9 December 2022 A low will stall over Explorer today and is set to intensify tonight.
The low will drift southwards, exiting the region late on Saturday as
a ridge approaches from the west.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the low
over parts of southern and central waters. Southeasterly to
Easterly gale force winds will spread into the inner waters of the
South Coast late this afternoon. Behind the low, over the offshore
waters, strong gale force northerly winds will occur on Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: