Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 September 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light near noon then increasing to southeast 15 this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 overnight and to southeast 25 to 35 Thursday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 35 to 45 near noon Thursday.
Rain overnight and Thursday. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 September 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over
central Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located from Explorer to
the North Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located from Explorer to the
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located off Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary frontal system located
from Bowie to the North Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:33 AM PDT 22 September 2021 An approaching frontal system will track across Bowie tonight
And northern waters on Thursday. Ahead of the front, southerly
Gales will develop over Bowie tonight then spread to northern waters
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: