Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 March 2019
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 early this morning then becoming southeast 15 early this evening. Wind diminishing to light after midnight then becoming north 10 to 15 Sunday morning.
Showers beginning early this morning and ending late this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 23 March 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 23 March 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located over western Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday weakening cold front located over western
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Sunday approaching low located west of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PDT 23 March 2019 A cold front will approach from offshore on Saturday spreading
Strong to gale force southeasterlies to the western offshore waters.
The winds will diminish slightly Monday morning as a low approaches
Explorer and disrupts the cold front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: