Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 09 December 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind west 15 to 25 knots veering to northwest 20 to 30 late overnight then diminishing to north 5 to 15 early Sunday evening.
Rain ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 9 December 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight dissipating frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough located over Haida Gwaii extending
By 10:00 a.m. PST Sunday weakening trough located over Vancouver
Island extending southwestward.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday building ridge located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday ridge located over Langara extending
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PST 9 December 2023 A vigorous front has moved onto the Central Coast this evening while
Gale force southeast winds over the central and South Coast waters
will ease to moderate to strong late this evening as the front
continues to weaken. Gale force northwesterlies over the northern
waters will ease to strong overnight.
Another front will give southwesterly gales to Northern Bowie by
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: