Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 24 September 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots veering to northwesterly 5 to 15 late this evening then to northeast 5 to 15 early Saturday morning. Wind becoming light early Saturday evening.
Showers ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 September 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
from Hecate Strait to Queen Charlotte Sound then to Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 PM PDT 24 September 2021 A frontal system will remain quasi-stationary across Queen Charlotte
Sound on Saturday but will strengthen late in the day. Southeasterly
winds will rise to strong to gales across central waters just to
The east of the front Saturday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: