Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 30 September 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this morning then diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to variable 5 to 15 near midnight then becoming southeast 10 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
Showers beginning near noon changing to periods of drizzle near midnight. Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 05:05 AM PDT 30 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 30 September 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating cold front located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PDT 30 September 2020 A cold front will approach the northern waters today. Ahead of the
front, southeasterly gales over the northern and central waters will
prevail. The front will dissipate this afternoon with winds easing to
moderate to strong southerlies.
Another frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters
late Thursday, bringing southeasterly gales to Bowie.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: