Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 20 September 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 late this evening then veering to west 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Rain. Fog patches dissipating early Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 21 September 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday building ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:41 AM PDT 21 September 2021 A frontal system over the central waters this morning will reach the
northern tip of North Vancouver Island this afternoon. The front will
significantly weaken this evening and dissipate across the South
Gale force southeast winds are occurring along the front over the
central waters. In the wake of the front, the winds will shift to
strong to gale force southwesterlies. Later today behind the front,
winds will shift to moderate northwesterlies.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: