Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 24 November 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 25 to 35 knots becoming southwest 20 to 30 early this morning then backing to southeast 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind south 15 to 25 Saturday.
Showers ending Saturday morning. Rain beginning Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 24 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 24 November 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from Hecate Strait
By 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary frontal system located
over central Vancouver Island.
At 7:00 a.m. PST today low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low located north of Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located west of Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Saturday departing trough located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 24 November 2017 A frontal system moving across the central waters will stall over
Central Vancouver Island this afternoon. Ahead of the front,
southeasterly gale force winds will spread to some southern waters
this morning. Behind the front, southerly gales over central waters
will ease this morning.
Meanwhile a low will track north of Bowie today. As it approaches
southwesterly gales will develop over the northern offshore waters
this morning, and spread to northern waters tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: