Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 18 May 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 early this morning and to variable 5 to 15 late this morning. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 20 this evening then diminishing to light Thursday morning.
Rain changing to showers early this morning and ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 18 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 18 May 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located off Haida Gwaii.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today deepening low 990 mb located off Cape Scott.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing low 999 mb located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 AM PDT 18 May 2022 A trough of low pressure will weaken over Haida Gwaii this morning.
Ahead of the trough, southerly gales over Dixon Entrance East and
Hecate Strait will ease early this morning.
A deep low pressure centre will cross Northern Vancouver Island this
morning. Ahead of the low, gale to storm force southeasterly winds
over West Vancouver Island with hurricane force southeasterlies near
the headlands will shift to gale to storm force westerly in its wake.
The southeast gales will spread to the inner South Coast early this
morning and westerly gales will develop over Juan de Fuca Strait.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: