Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 29 January 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northerly 10 knots becoming variable 10 near midnight then increasing to southwest 15 early Monday morning. Wind increasing to south 15 to 25 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 29 January 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located over BC interior.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening ridge located over BC interior.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PST 29 January 2023 A strong ridge of high pressure will continue to lie over the British
Columbia Interior today. Gale to storm force outflow winds will ease
to strong to gale force this morning. Outflow winds will diminish
further late in the day as the high over the interior eventually
merges with a ridge offshore to become a broad area of high pressure
over the marine district.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: