Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 15 July 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind south 20 to 25 knots veering to southwest 10 to 20 near midnight then diminishing to light near noon Thursday. Wind increasing to northwest 10 to 20 Thursday evening.
Rain changing to showers Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 15 July 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM PDT 15 July 2020 A ridge of high pressure offshore combined with daytime heating will
create a strong to marginal gale westerly inflow early this evening
over Eastern Juan de Fuca Strait. The strong to marginal gale force
winds will ease Thursday morning then redevelop late Thursday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: