Issued 10:30 AM PST 17 December 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 35 to 45 knots increasing to southeast 50 to 60 this afternoon then diminishing to south 40 early this evening. Wind increasing to south 45 to 55 late this evening then diminishing to south 35 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to south 25 late Tuesday morning then veering to west 20 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain with a risk of thunderstorms.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 December 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 December 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Sandspit to
Cape Scott then to Explorer.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located west of the offshore waters.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low located over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low located over the southern Alaska
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PST 17 December 2018 The next intense frontal system sits over Explorer late this
Morning. Gale to storm force southeasterlies will continue to
Develop across southern, central, and northern waters during the
Day. Hurricane force winds are forecast this afternoon for the
headlands of West Vancouver Island North.
In the wake of the frontal system, a low will move over Bowie this
evening. Storm force southerlies will develop this evening and
tonight across northern and central waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: