Issued 09:30 PM PST 21 January 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southerly 15 to 20 knots veering to southwest 25 after midnight then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Monday evening.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms late this evening.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 21 January 2018 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough located over the Outer Coast.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Monday departing trough located over the Coast
At 10:00 p.m. PST Monday approaching low 992 mb located 100 miles
southwest of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PST 21 January 2018 A trough of low pressure along the outer coast this evening will move
through the coast overnight. Moderate to strong southerlies ahead of
the trough will veer to strong southwest in its wake with some gale
force winds expected, mainly over the offshore waters and the western
half of Dixon Entrance.
A developing low pressure system will reach Explorer late Monday
night, bringing gale to storm force southeast winds over most waters
by Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: