Issued 09:30 PM PDT 22 May 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots becoming northwesterly 5 to 15 late overnight then increasing to northwesterly 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain ending near noon Wednesday.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 May 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PDT 22 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure will gradually build over the offshore
waters through tonight and tomorrow. As the ridge strengthens strong
northwesterly winds will build along West Vancouver Island.
Over the inner coastal waters, a marine push is expected to move
through Juan de Fuca Strait late Wednesday afternoon, producing
strong to gale force westerlies which will persist into overnight
Wednesday. Marginal northwesterly gales are expected through
Johnstone Strait over the same period.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: