Issued 04:00 AM PST 17 December 2017
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 25 near noon then backing to southwest 10 to 20 Monday morning.
A few showers.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 17 December 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Explorer.
At 9:30 a.m. PST today low 995 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening low 1000 mb located over the
Gulf of Alaska.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 17 December 2017 A low pressure system will develop over the Gulf of Alaska this
morning. The system will remain near the place during the day and
then weaken this evening. Marginal gale force westerlies will
Prevail over parts of northern waters. The winds will become
Moderate to strong westerlies tonight as the system weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: