Issued 04:00 AM PDT 21 March 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 20 to 30 knots this morning. Wind southeast 20 to 30 tonight. Wind southeast 15 to 25 Friday.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 21 March 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located off Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening cold front located over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located off Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday trough located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 AM PDT 21 March 2019 An approaching cold front will track will weaken over Bowie tonight.
Ahead of the front, strong to gale force southeasterlies will develop
over the offshore waters this morning and spread to the west coast of
Haida Gwaii early this evening. Winds will ease to strong southerly
An approaching trough of low pressure will track across Explorer on
Friday and lie over Queen Charlotte Sound by the afternoon. Ahead of
the trough, southerly gales will develop across Explorer overnight
and spread to the west coast of Vancouver Island Friday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: