Issued 04:00 AM PDT 18 July 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots backing to southerly 5 to 15 early this afternoon then becoming variable 5 to 15 early this evening. Wind becoming southerly 5 to 15 Friday afternoon.
Showers ending Friday morning. Risk of thunderstorms today.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 18 July 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located over southern
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
the North Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PDT 17 July 2019 A departing cold front has moved across the South Coast earlier in
the day. In its wake, strong southeasterly winds over the strait
Of Georgia have shift to locally strong westerly. Strong to gale
force westerlies will continue over the Juan de Fuca Strait then
gradually ease towards early Thursday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: