Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 March 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northerly 5 to 15 knots becoming southwest 10 to 20 Saturday morning.
A few showers beginning Saturday morning.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 March 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 999 mb located west of Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Saturday departing low 1004 mb located south
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday trough located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Saturday trough located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PDT 23 March 2018 An area of low pressure at the surface and aloft will lie west of
Explorer today and will be drifting slowly southeastward to lie off
the Oregon coast by Saturday afternoon. The upper low is bringing
very unstable air over the South Coast and will produce isolated
thunderstorms over a good part of the southern waters today. A
waterspout watch is also in effect for the inner South Coast, valid
through this afternoon. Winds will remain mostly light to moderate
but strong to gale force southeasterlies currently over the inner
South Coast will ease later in the day.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: