Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 May 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwesterly 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northwesterly 5 to 15 late Thursday morning then becoming southerly 10 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
Chance of drizzle tonight and Thursday morning. Fog patches dissipating late Thursday morning.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 May 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Explorer.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT Thursday approaching trough located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PDT 23 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters is spreading strong
northwesterly winds off the west coast of Vancouver Island.
These winds will persist through Thursday.
Over the inner coastal waters, strong to gale force inflow winds are
expected to persist through Thursday morning for Juan de Fuca Strait.
Marginal northwesterly gales are expected through Johnstone Strait
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: