Issued 09:30 PM PDT 14 August 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 20 to 30 after midnight. Wind northwest 20 to 30 Wednesday.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 14 August 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northwestern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 14 August 2018 A ridge of high pressure will build along a northeast to southwest
line over Northwestern Bowie.
Moderate to strong northwesterlies will prevail over most BC waters
with marginal gales expected off the northwestern coast of Vancouver
Island and through Johnstone Strait.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: