Issued 09:30 PM PST 09 December 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots backing to southerly 15 to 25 near midnight then increasing to south 25 to 35 early Monday morning. Wind increasing to south 35 to 45 late Monday morning and to south 45 to 55 near noon Monday.
Showers changing to rain near noon Monday.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 9:30 PM PST 09 December 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 9 December 2018 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM PST 9 December 2018 The next frontal system will approach the offshore waters Monday
morning. The system will move eastward and lie north to south from
the Alaskan Panhandle to Southern Explorer by Monday afternoon.
Gale to storm force southerly winds will develop tonight over Bowie
then spread to most northern and central waters Monday then to the
South Coast Monday night. Winds will shift to gale force westerlies
after the passage of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: