Issued 09:30 PM PST 03 December 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 40 to 50 Friday morning and to southeast 50 to 60 Friday evening.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 9:30 PM PST 03 December 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 3 December 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening low located off the Alaska
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday frontal system located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low 990 mb located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Friday low 990 mb located over northwestern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:34 PM PST 3 December 2020 A weakening low pressure centre off over the Alaskan Panhandle will
move inland tonight. Gale force southerlies over central and
Northern waters will shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies
As the low moves off tonight.
Widespread southeast gales will redevelop Friday morning as another
frontal system moves over Haida Gwaii. Storm force winds are
Possible Friday morning for the North Coast. Winds will rise to
Storm force southerlies Friday evening as another strong low centre
moves northwards across Bowie.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: