Issued 10:30 AM PDT 20 June 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots becoming northwest 10 to 20 Friday morning then backing to southwest 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 June 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located over BC interior.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening trough located over BC interior.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Friday quasi-stationary ridge located over Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PDT 20 June 2019 A ridge of high pressure is building west of the offshore waters
while a trough remains over the B.C. Interior.
Strong to gale force westerlies will develop through Juan de Fuca and
Johnstone Strait later this afternoon. Gales off the west coast of
Vancouver Island will develop today and persist tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Follow us on Facebook!
A page for weather lovers! Learn about interesting weather phenomena and get informed about Canada's changing climate.
- Date modified: