Issued 09:30 PM PDT 17 May 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots tonight. Wind northwest 15 to 25 Tuesday.
Showers Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 May 2021 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday departing frontal system located over
southwestern BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located off the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM PDT 17 May 2021 A trough of low pressure crossing the South Coast tonight will give
gale force westerly winds to southern sections of West Vancouver
Island and Juan de Fuca Strait. The crossing trough will also bring a
risk of thunderstorms to these regions. The gale force winds will
ease early Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: