Issued 10:30 AM PST 14 December 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to west 20 early this afternoon then backing to southwest 15 this evening. Wind increasing to west 15 to 25 Friday morning then becoming west 15 Friday afternoon. Wind backing to south 15 Friday evening.
Rain changing to a few showers this evening.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 11:05 AM PST 14 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 14 December 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening frontal system located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today building ridge located over Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:15 AM PST 14 December 2017 A frontal system over Hecate Strait will weaken as it approaches the
Central Coast this afternoon. Ahead of the front, gale force
southeasterlies over the northern coastal waters will shift to strong
westerlies early this afternoon. Over Northern Bowie, marginal gale
southwest winds will prevail through Friday morning.
A ridge of high pressure will build over the central offshore waters
tonight. Gale force northwest winds will develop off the west coast
of Vancouver Island on Friday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: