Issued 07:00 PM MDT 16 July 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 knots diminishing to light this evening then increasing to northwest 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to northwest 35 Tuesday evening.
A few showers ending near midnight with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 16 July 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
7 tenths first-year ice.
Warnings (In effect)
DolphinIssued 7:00 PM MDT 16 July 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 16 July 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday departing high 1013 mb located at 69N 91W.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday low 997 mb located at 68N 123W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 999 mb located at 70N 106W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: