Issued 07:00 PM MDT 21 August 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Wednesday morning.
A few flurries changing to chance of drizzle Wednesday with risk of freezing drizzle.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 August 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
Ice free except 1 tenth old ice in the extreme southwestern section.
Unusual presence of old ice in the extreme southwestern section.
Warnings (In effect)
DolphinIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 August 2018
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 21 August 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday trough from 996 mb low located from 70N 122W
to 68N 97W then to 64N 085W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 993 mb located at 65N 84W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday building ridge.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1029 mb high located over 76N 147W
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: