Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 13 December 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 knots increasing to southeast 45 this evening then diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 Thursday morning.
Rain beginning late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 13 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 13 December 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Thursday weakening frontal system located on a
line north-south over Haida Gwaii.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PST 13 December 2017 An approaching frontal system will track across Bowie tonight and
Haida Gwaii Thursday morning. Ahead of the front, strong to gale
force southeasterlies over the offshore waters and the west coast of
Haida Gwaii will spread to Hecate Strait overnight. Winds will shift
to strong westerlies in the wake of the front on Thursday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: