Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 18 December 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots veering to west 35 to 40 this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 early Wednesday morning.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 18 December 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 18 December 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today trough from low located over Bowie.
By 6:00 p.m. PST Wednesday trough from low located from Prince
Rupert to Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching low located southwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:34 AM PST 18 December 2018 A low over Northern Bowie is moving towards the Alaskan Panhandle
today with a trough that extends southward. Gale force southwesterly
winds will veer to westerly or northwesterly gales today across
northern and central waters.
The base of the trough will move across Explorer bringing westerly
gale force winds to Explorer and West Vancouver Island regions this
afternoon and evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: