Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 16 August 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming southeast 20 to 30 late Wednesday morning then diminishing to south 10 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain ending Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 August 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 August 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating frontal system located on
a line northeast-southwest over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday trough located over the South Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located from
the North Coast to the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PDT 16 August 2022 A stationary front draped northeast to southwest over Bowie will
weaken through the day on Wednesday. Strong to gale force
Southerlies over Bowie and waters in the vicinity of Northern Haida
Gwaii will ease overnight tonight through early Wednesday morning.
A trough will develop over the South Coast through Wednesday and
Wednesday night. Strong to gale force northwest winds will develop
off the northwest coast of Vancouver Island later Wednesday afternoon
and continue into Thursday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: