Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 19 December 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots backing to southerly 15 to 25 this morning then veering to westerly 15 to 25 this afternoon. Wind veering to northerly 10 to 20 Thursday morning.
Showers ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 19 December 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight dissipating low located over the Gulf
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday departing low located over Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PST 19 December 2018 A stationary low over the Gulf of Alaska will continue to generate
strong to gale force southwest winds over Northern Bowie for today
An intense low pressure system will approach the South Coast tonight
then cross into the Southern BC Interior by Thursday evening.
Ahead of the low, gale to storm force southeasterly winds will
develop over Southern Explorer this evening then spread to the west
coast of Vancouver Island and inner South Coast overnight and
continuing Thursday. Behind the low, gale to storm force northerly
winds will develop over Northern Explorer tonight then spread to
parts of the northern and central waters Thursday. As the low
Crosses into the BC Interior late in the day Thursday, the west to
northwest gale force winds will spread to the inner South Coast
There is still uncertainty with the timing and track of the low as
It transits across the South Coast on Thursday. Therefore, the
Timing of southeast winds shifting to westerly winds and their
Speeds may be subject to change in subsequent forecasts as the
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: