Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 26 April 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to northwest 25 to 35 early Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PDT 26 April 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 26 April 2018 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over northern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary low located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PDT 26 April 2018 A ridge of high pressure offshore will intensify on Friday. Strong
To gale force northerly winds will prevail over the northern and
central waters Friday and Friday night.
Strong to gale force westerly winds will also develop through Juan
De fuca strait later Friday afternoon and evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: