Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 24 February 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 knots increasing to southeast 50 early this afternoon then diminishing to west 35 to 45 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to west 50 to 60 after midnight then diminishing to west 35 to 45 Thursday morning.
Rain changing to showers this evening and ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 February 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 February 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over the South Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PST 24 February 2021 A ridge of high pressure over Northern Vancouver Island will weaken
and move over the Southwest BC Interior later this morning. As the
ridge moves eastward, a strong frontal system will approach the North
Coast. Gale to storm force southeast winds will spread eastwards
towards the North and Central Coasts today. A shift to gale to storm
force westerlies will follow as this system passes.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: