Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 18 October 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 5 to 15 knots this morning and to southeast 15 to 25 this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 this evening and to southeast 35 to 45 overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 Friday morning.
Periods of rain beginning early this evening changing to showers Friday afternoon and evening with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PDT 18 October 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 18 October 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today approaching frontal system located west
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday cold front located on a line north-south
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PDT 18 October 2018 A frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters today.
Southeast gales will develop over Bowie this afternoon and near
Haida Gwaii tonight. Winds will rise to storm force southeasterlies
in Northern Bowie late this evening and shift to storm force
southwesterlies overnight behind the front.
The front will move eastward across the northern and central waters
on Friday with southeast gales ahead of it and moderate to strong
southwesterlies in its wake. Southwesterly gales will prevail over
Bowie on Friday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: