Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 24 January 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early this morning then diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 early this afternoon. Wind increasing to south 20 to 30 this evening then becoming south 25 to 35 late overnight. Wind south 25 to 35 Friday.
Showers this morning. Rain beginning near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 24 January 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 24 January 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line north-south
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line north-south over the Central Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 AM PST 24 January 2019 A frontal system over Bowie will track across Haida Gwaii today and
weaken as it reaches the Central Coast tonight. Ahead of the front,
southerly gales over Bowie will spread to the northern coastal waters
later this morning. Winds over the northern waters will ease below
gale force late this afternoon.
Another front will approach the offshore waters tonight. Gale force
southerlies will redevelop over the northern waters early Friday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: