Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 04 December 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to north 15 to 25 early Monday morning.
Periods of drizzle Monday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PST 04 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 4 December 2022 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary high located west
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary trough located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:04 PM PST 4 December 2022 Strong to gale force northerly winds are expected tonight west of
Haida Gwaii as a ridge of high pressure builds over the Gulf Of
An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the British
Columbia Interior creating gale force northeasterly outflow winds
through the mainland inlets along the North and Central Coasts.
Winds are expected to weaken late overnight or Monday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: