Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 20 April 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northerly 15 to 25 knots backing to westerly 15 to 25 after midnight then to southerly 15 to 25 Saturday afternoon.
A few showers beginning early Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 20 April 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over southern Vancouver Island.
By 7:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
By midnight PDT tonight departing frontal system located from
Hecate Strait to the Washington Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Saturday building ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 PM PDT 20 April 2018 A frontal system currently northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii
Will slide eastwards tonight across the north and south coasts
And into the BC Interior by early Saturday morning.
Widespread strong to gale force southerlies will continue ahead of
the front. Storm force southeast winds will develop over parts of
The central waters this evening.
Strong to gale force westerlies will develop in the wake of the
frontal system this evening and overnight then ease to generally
moderate westerly winds Saturday. Strong to gale force southerly
inflow winds will develop through Douglas Channel early Saturday
morning as the front passes.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: