Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 21 October 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 40 this evening and to southeast 40 to 45 Monday evening.
Rain beginning this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PDT 21 October 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 21 October 2018 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located on a line north-south
over eastern Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 PM PDT 21 October 2018 A strong low pressure system will remain over the northeast Pacific
the next few days. A series of frontal systems rotating around the
low will pass through British Columbia waters.
The first approaching front will track across Bowie tonight and
remain west of Haida Gwaii on Monday. The second front will approach
the offshore waters late Monday afternoon.
Ahead of the fronts, gale force southerly winds over Bowie will
spread to northern and central waters tonight and continue through
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: