Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PST 12 November 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 late overnight then becoming westerly 40 to 50 late Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to southwesterly 25 to 35 Tuesday afternoon then becoming southerly 30 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain beginning near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PST 12 November 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 12 November 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located over
At 4:00 p.m. PST today deepening low located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 993 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:34 PM PST 12 November 2018 A frontal system located over the western sections of Bowie this
afternoon will move eastward crossing Haida Gwaii this evening.
Meanwhile a developing low well offshore this afternoon will deepen
rapidly tonight as it tracks towards the west coast of Haida Gwaii.
Strong to gale force southeasterly winds have developed over northern
and central waters and off Northwestern Vancouver island this
afternoon as the front approaches. The gales will persist through
this evening then rise to gale to storm force southeasterly overnight
as the low approaches.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: