Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 17 May 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to east 10 to 20 late this evening then becoming variable 5 to 15 late overnight. Wind becoming northwest 15 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 17 May 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today deepening trough from 1003 mb low located
over western Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating trough from 999 mb low
located over Haida Gwaii.
At 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight deepening low 999 mb located west of
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing low 999 mb located over
northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PDT 17 May 2022 A trough of low pressure extending from a developing low pressure
centre entering Bowie this afternoon will move northeast to lie over
Northern Haida Gwaii late Wednesday morning. Southerly gales will
occur from Hecate Strait to Northern Vancouver Island.
A deep low pressure centre will move over Explorer near midnight and
then cross Northern Vancouver Island on Wednesday morning.
Unseasonably strong winds are associated with this low. Storm force
southerly winds will develop ahead of the low over Explorer and west
coast Vancouver Island tonight. Hurricane force southeast winds are
possible near the headlands of Northwest Vancouver Island overnight.
Southeast gales are expected for inner South Coast waters. Winds will
shift to gale to storm force west to northwesterly in the wake of the
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: