Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 April 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots diminishing to southwest 5 to 15 early this evening then veering to northwest 5 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Rain ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 April 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday quasi-stationary trough located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PDT 23 April 2018 A frontal system is currently over Hecate Strait. Gale force
southerly winds will continue until early evening. The winds will
become moderate southwesterlies this evening as the system weakens.
A ridge of high pressure over BC Interior in combination with a
trough west of Vancouver Island will produce marginal gale force
northerly outflow winds through Howe Sound again Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: