Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 17 May 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots becoming southeast 20 early this evening then diminishing to variable 5 to 15 early Wednesday morning. Wind becoming northwest 15 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 17 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 2:00 p.m. PDT today deepening trough from 1007 mb low located
west of Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating trough from 1003 mb low
located over Haida Gwaii.
At 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight deepening low 995 mb located west of
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low 1003 mb located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PDT 17 May 2022 A trough of low pressure to the west of the Bowie region this morning
will move east to lie just west of Haida Gwaii early Wednesday
morning. Southerly gales will develop from Hecate Strait to Northern
Vancouver Island by noon today.
A low pressure centre will move over Explorer near midnight and then
cross Vancouver Island on Wednesday morning. Unseasonably strong
winds are associated with this low. Gale to storm force southerly
winds will develop ahead of the low over Explorer and west coast
Vancouver Island tonight. Hurricane force southeast winds are
possible near the headlands of Northwest Vancouver Island overnight.
Southeast gales are expected for inner South Coast waters. Winds will
shift to gale to storm force west-northwesterly in the wake of the
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: