Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 29 September 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 Saturday morning then becoming southerly 10 to 20 Saturday afternoon. Wind increasing to southerly 20 to 30 early Saturday evening then becoming southeast 25 to 35 late Saturday evening.
Scattered showers this evening. Rain Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 September 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located west of the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:10 PM PDT 29 September 2023 A ridge of high pressure continues to build over the offshore waters
tonight and moves into central waters on Saturday. Northwesterly
marginal gales will develop off West Vancouver Island this evening
and persist through Saturday. Northwesterly marginal gales are also
expected through Johnstone Strait Saturday afternoon.
A frontal system will slide eastward across Bowie Saturday evening.
Ahead of the system, southerly gales are expected over northern
waters late Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: