Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 21 March 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming easterly 25 Friday morning then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Friday evening.
Showers beginning Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 March 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 March 2019 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located off Bowie.
By 9:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening frontal system located over Bowie.
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Friday low located over central Explorer.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT Friday intensifying low located near Cape
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:09 PM PDT 21 March 2019 A frontal system west of Bowie will track slowly eastward overnight.
Ahead of the front, strong to gale force southeasterlies over the
northern and central waters will prevail tonight.
An intensifying trough of low pressure will track across Explorer on
Friday and lie over Queen Charlotte Sound by Friday evening with an
associated low pressure centre which will head for Cape St James.
Ahead of the trough, southeasterly gales will develop across Explorer
overnight and spread to the west coast of Vancouver Island Friday
morning. As the trough moves northward, southeasterly winds will
Rise quickly to gale force over central waters and northern waters
late Friday. Winds will shift to strong to gale force southwesterly
in the wake of the trough.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: