Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 23 January 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to south 15 this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 this evening and to southeast 30 to 40 overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 near noon Thursday and to light Thursday afternoon.
Showers beginning Thursday morning and ending Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 23 January 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 23 January 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday By 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening low located over central Vancouver
At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Thursday weakening frontal system located on a
line north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:37 AM PST 23 January 2019 A low pressure centre will weaken over Central Vancouver Island
today. In its wake strong to gale force northwesterlies over
Southern Explorer and off the west coast of Vancouver Island will
ease this morning.
An approaching low pressure system will move into the Gulf of Alaska
tonight. The associated front will track across Bowie tonight and
weaken over Haida Gwaii on Thursday. Ahead of the front, southerly
gales will develop over Bowie tonight and spread to northern waters
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: