Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 22 April 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots diminishing to southeast 30 to 40 late overnight and to southwest 15 early Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 April 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 April 2018 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday weakening frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PDT 22 April 2018 A ridge of high pressure will remain over Cape Scott tonight and
Monday. Light to moderate northwesterlies will prevail east of the
An approaching frontal system will track across Bowie tonight and
weaken over Haida Gwaii Monday afternoon. Gale force southerlies over
Bowie and the west coast of Haida Gwaii will spread to Dixon Entrance
East and Northern Hecate Strait this evening. Additionally, winds
will approach marginal storm force over Dixon Entrance West this
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: