Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 24 May 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind south 15 to 20 knots increasing to south 20 to 25 this afternoon and to south 30 this evening. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 20 late overnight and to west 10 to 15 Friday morning. Wind backing to south 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Rain beginning early this afternoon changing to a few showers early Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 May 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening ridge located over southern
At 5:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PDT 24 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters is producing strong
inflow winds through Juan de Fuca Strait this morning. These winds
are expected to reach gale force this afternoon and will persist
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: