Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 20 September 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southwest 25 near midnight. Wind west 15 to 25 Saturday.
Rain changing to showers Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 September 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 September 2019 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
the southern Lower Mainland.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over northern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Port Hardy.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PDT 20 September 2019 A frontal system approaching the North Coast will move south to lie
over the Central Coast Saturday afternoon and to near Port Hardy by
late Saturday evening.
Ahead of the front, gale force southerlies over the northern waters
will spread to the Central Coast and Northern Vancouver Island
Saturday morning. In the wake of the front, winds will shift to
westerly and ease to moderate to strong.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: