Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 16 June 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 after midnight then backing to south 15 to 25 early Monday morning. Wind veering to west 15 to 25 near noon Monday then backing to southwest 10 to 20 Monday evening.
Periods of rain ending early Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 16 June 2019 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday trough located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday departing trough located east of Haida
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PDT 16 June 2019 A quasi-stationary ridge over North Vancouver Island will produce
gale force westerly inflow through Central and Eastern Juan de Fuca
strait this evening and Monday evening. A few fog banks will linger
along Western Vancouver Island and at the western entrance to Juan
De fuca strait. These fog patches will affect Central and Eastern
Juan de Fuca Strait from late evening to early morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Follow us on Facebook!
A page for weather lovers! Learn about interesting weather phenomena and get informed about Canada's changing climate.
- Date modified: