Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 27 November 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 35 to 45 knots diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 late this afternoon then becoming west 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 Sunday evening.
Rain changing to showers or flurries Sunday morning and ending Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 27 November 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 27 November 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 984 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing low 984 mb located over the
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday trough located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:19 AM PST 27 November 2021 A frontal system will cross the North Coast this afternoon and the
South Coast tonight. Gale to storm force southeasterly winds over the
northern and central waters will ease to strong to gale force
southerlies behind the system. Strong to gale force southeasterly
winds over the southern waters will ease to moderate tonight.
A low will pass north of Bowie this morning leading to gale to storm
force southwesterly winds for waters west of Haida Gwaii through this
A trough of low pressure trailing this low will sweep through
northern waters from northwest to southeast tonight. Strong to gale
force southwesterlies over northern and central waters will precede
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: