Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PST 02 February 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 this evening. Wind variable 5 to 15 Friday.
Showers Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 2 February 2023 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from the North Coast
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday dissipating frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday low 987 mb located southwest of Explorer.
By 2:00 p.m. PST Friday departing low 989 mb located near Tofino.
At 9:30 p.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located off
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PST 2 February 2023 A frontal system extending from the North Coast of BC
To Northwestern Explorer is producing widespread southeasterly gales
to the east of the system, with an embedded swath of southeasterly
storms from Dixon Entrance - east to the headlands of Vancouver
Winds will ease to moderate southerlies across northern waters this
evening, but will remain gale force across the central waters and
along the west coast of Vancouver Island tonight.
Winds over the west coast of Vancouver Island will increase to storm
force southeasterlies Friday morning as another low approaches.
Winds will also increase to southeasterly gale force across the inner
South Coast waters throughout the day on Friday.
Winds will ease on Friday evening, though there will be a brief
period of southwest gales across west coast Vancouver Island - south
and the mouth of Juan de Fuca Strait Friday evening in the wake of
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: