Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 26 November 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to southerly 15 knots early Friday morning and to westerly 20 to 30 Friday afternoon.
Periods of rain Friday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 26 November 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday departing frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday trough located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday trough located from Haida Gwaii to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:02 PM PST 26 November 2020 A frontal system stretched across from Cape Scott to Explorer will
stall in that position tonight as it straddles the central and
southern waters. On Friday, the front will begin to move again
towards the southeast and sweep across Vancouver Island.
Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southerly winds have
developed. Moderate to strong northwesterly winds are forecast in the
wake of the system.
A weak trough will approach the offshore waters from the west on
Friday. The trough will bring strong to gale force westerly winds
across Bowie and Explorer.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Heading to Banff or Jasper National Parks this winter?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. North and South highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: