Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 03 March 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to south 15 near noon then backing to east 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind increasing to northerly 20 to 30 near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 3 March 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today deepening trough located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over southern Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday deepening low 988 mb located over
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday low 985 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:32 AM PST 3 March 2021 A weakening cold front is currently over North Vancouver Island.
Ahead of the front, strong to gale force southerlies will persist
today and tonight over the parts of the central waters and North
A 985 MB low will approach the offshore waters Thursday
Morning and track towards Haida Gwaii by the afternoon. Ahead of the
low, gale to storm force southerly winds will develop over most
regions by late Thursday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: