Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 17 December 2017
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 to 35 knots diminishing to west 15 to 25 late this afternoon and to variable 5 to 15 Monday morning.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 December 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Explorer.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 995 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening low 1000 mb located over the
Gulf of Alaska.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:33 AM PST 17 December 2017 A low pressure system over the Gulf of Alaska will remain near the
place during the day and then weaken this evening. Marginal gale
force westerlies will prevail over Bowie and west coast Haida Gwaii.
The winds will become moderate to strong westerlies this evening as
the system weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: