Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 30 September 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 10 to 20 knots increasing to south 20 to 30 early this evening then becoming southeast 25 to 35 late this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 late overnight then veering to westerly 20 to 25 Sunday afternoon.
Rain beginning this evening changing to scattered showers Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 September 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Cape St. James.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:32 PM PDT 30 September 2023 A ridge of high pressure continues to build towards the central
waters. Northwesterly gales will continue over parts of west coast
Vancouver Island, Southern Explorer and through Johnstone Strait this
A frontal system will slide eastward across Bowie this evening.
Ahead of the system, southerly gales are expected over the northern
waters tonight and Sunday. These gales will then reach central waters
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: