Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 12 December 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late this morning and to southeast 35 to 45 near noon Wednesday.
A few showers ending Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 12 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 12 December 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located over
At 7:00 a.m. PST today approaching cold front located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PST 12 December 2017 Another front will approach the offshore waters this morning.
Gale force southerly winds will develop over most northern waters
today ahead of the front and continue into Wednesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: