Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 19 February 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots increasing to northwest 25 to 35 early this morning then diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 Wednesday morning.
Rain ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 19 February 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 19 February 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Mainland Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:33 AM PST 19 February 2019 A trough of low pressure stretching across the mainland coast will
remain nearly stationary today and Wednesday. In its wake,
northwesterly gales over Bowie will spread to northern and central
waters this morning and the west coast of Vancouver Island in the
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: