Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 July 2019
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots backing to south 15 early Wednesday morning then to east 15 Wednesday afternoon. Wind increasing to east 25 to 35 early Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 July 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 July 2019 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 1013 mb located over
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located over the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 23 July 2019 A ridge of high pressure over Explorer will allow gale force
westerlies to continue over eastern sections of Juan de Fuca Strait
this evening. Winds will ease to strong later tonight.
A frontal system will approach northern and offshore waters on
Wednesday. Along the front, gale force southeasterlies will develop
over the offshore waters Wednesday morning then the northern waters
late Wednesday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: