Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 16 December 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southerly 25 knots veering to west 15 to 25 this afternoon then becoming west 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind becoming west 20 late overnight. Wind southwest 20 Sunday.
Rain ending early this evening. A few showers beginning early Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 16 December 2017
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 16 December 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 10:30 a.m. PST today warm front located over Hecate Strait.
By 8:00 p.m. PST tonight warm front located over the Central Coast.
At 3:30 p.m. PST Sunday frontal system located near Tofino.
By 10:00 p.m. PST Sunday frontal system located near Victoria.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:23 AM PST 16 December 2017 A warm front crossing Hecate Strait will progress eastward today to
lie over the Central Coast this evening. Ahead of the front winds
will rise to gale force southerlies over northern and central waters.
Winds will shift to gale force southwesterlies behind the front.
A frontal system will approach Vancouver Island near Tofino on
Sunday evening which will result in strong southwesterly winds for
Southern Explorer, Southern West Vancouver Island and strong
southeast winds through the Strait of Georgia. This system slides
southeastward overnight and winds weaken.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: