Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 18 January 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 35 near noon then becoming west 25 to 35 near midnight. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 25 near noon Tuesday then becoming northwest 15 Tuesday evening.
Rain beginning near noon changing to showers Tuesday morning and ending near noon Tuesday. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 18 January 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 18 January 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line north-south
over western Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:32 AM PST 18 January 2021 A frontal system currently over Bowie will approach the North Coast
today. Gale to storm force southeasterlies have developed
Over Bowie, and will spread the northern waters this afternoon. In
the its wake, strong to gale force westerlies will develop tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: